It might sound like a no brainer to take time off work every once in a while, especially if you are being paid while you do so. However, many people feel as though they are too busy to take time off and that vacations could hurt their career prospects. If you are one of those people, I implore you to rethink your priorities. Time with your loved ones is so important and everyone needs some downtime to rest, recharge, and refocus. If it helps, you will be a better employee for doing so!
Did you know that according to Market Watch, Americans only use 50% of their eligible vacation and 72% of Chinese workers haven’t taken a paid vacation in 3 years? In fact, American employers don’t even have to provide workers with paid time off, which I think is absolutely absurd. On the contrary, folks in Sweden and Brazil get 41 paid days off with Finland, Lithuania, France, Portugal, the UK, Iceland, Austria, Denmark, and Germany close behind. I think that I need to move. Who is with me?!
Health Tip #13: Use Your Allotted Vacation Time
Don’t you want to take a breather and head to a destination just like this? Don’t forget your camera!
10 Reasons to Take a Vacation
- Your brain needs time to relax. Downtime will help you process information better.
- Vacations improve your mood and make you a happier person.
- You will be a more well-rounded person if you experience other cultures and see the world. Think beyond your cubicle!
- Many people get paid to take time off, so why on earth would you choose to work instead?!
- Vacations relieve stress and everyone could use less of that in their lives.
- You will have much needed time to bond with your loved ones while you’re traveling and experiencing new things together.
- You will sleep better and your heart function and blood pressure will begin to come back to normal levels.
- You will create lasting, meaningful memories to look back on. These are the moments you will remember in life, not your work projects.
- You may meet some interesting people or make lifelong friends through your adventures.
- Vacation sex (yes, I went there!). Enough said.
Where is your favourite vacation destination? Where are you planning to jaunt to this year?
Disclosure: if you buy any of these products from me, or do any of your amazon.com shopping through my store, my sweet boxer, B, will get some treat money. He thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.