Coconut oil is very trendy, so I feel that I need to put this out there: I used it religiously before it was cool. Generally, I don’t hop on bandwagons or encourage others to do so, but this is one instance where I would suggest that you make an exception. If you haven’t already gone crazy for coconuts, you should reconsider! However, not all things are created equal, so ensure that you get a high quality coconut oil that you can consume worry free.
Health Tip #14: Add Coconut Oil To Your Life
10 Uses For Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer
- You can use coconut oil to replace eggs or butter
- You can mix coconut oil with your dog’s food to soothe allergies and irritated skin (B loves it)
- Coconut oil has a high heat tolerance, so you can safely cook with it (I also love avocado oil for this purpose)
- I only use natural products and coconut oil can be used to replace shaving cream and aftershave
- I love a good smoothie and coconut oil is a natural way to get the perfect consistency
- Coconut oil makes an excellent make-up remover
- You can use coconut oil to polish wood and shine up leather (do a patch test first!)
- For a delightful kick, you can add coconut oil to homemade soup
- If you’re a coffee drinker, consider adding coconut oil to your brew (yes, really!)
What’s your favourite way to use coconut oil?
Disclosure: if you buy any of these products from me, or do any of your amazon.com shopping through my store, my sweet boxer, B, will get some treat money. He thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.